Sunday 11 September 2011

Dad's Visit



My dad visited me over the period September 6-10th, arriving on midnight of the same day I returned from Sri Lanka.  It was lovely to see him, and even more interesting in this different context - previously  I have been the one being led around by him in Thailand or China to hear his dispersion of wisdom... now there was an inversion and I found myself offering key insights about Bengali culture and opportune moments... how the circle repeats itself.  It's also interesting how when you show a visitor around for the first time in foreign place that you now call 'home', it casts a new kind of curious light on the surroundings which had now become common-place and invisible in the process of getting to know place.  It's a certain kind of unknowing.


No comments:

Post a Comment